Executive Director – Comox Valley Healthcare Foundation
The Gift & Donor Relations Coordinator is an integral part of the Foundation’s work to increase support for healthcare in the Valley. Working as part of a team and closely with the Executive Director, this role provides administrative and database management to support donor focused operations.
- Supports the Board of Directors through coordination of meetings, preparation of agendas and minutes. Including AGM and updating board member list with BC Societies Act.
- Maintains the ‘Raiser’s Edge’ donor database, recording donations, issuing receipts and updating constituent information on a regular basis. Including memorial donations, thank you and sympathy cards, Canada Help online donations, Credit Card and EFTs.
- Runs database reports to obtain general or specific information to support fundraising and stewardship activities. Audits and confirms accuracy of lists.
- Provides data to assist in monitoring fund-raising activities. Prepares routine and ad hoc queries for reports for monitoring key performance indicators, direct mail/appeal analysis, prospect management, donor recognition and tracking progress towards overall Foundation goals.
- Implements tax receipting/donor acknowledgement system that will efficiently lead into donor recognition while maintaining history of donor communication.
- Ensures database configuration will allow for provision of data lists for donor recognition walls, newsletters, direct mail, e-appeals, and events. Coordinates contractors to support direct mail projects.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of Donor Recognition Walls at multiple sites.
- Accepts donations, handles general queries and refers queries as appropriate.
- Orders all office supplies for the Foundation.
- Support events, in memoriam and grateful patient programs.
- Provides data such as cash receipts and summary reports as requested by Finance, or the Executive Director, for use in producing periodic financial statements and for the year-end audit process, and ensures CRA guidelines are adhered to in gift processing and recognition.
- Coordinates outstanding annual and major gift pledges and monitors pledge payment activity and reminders.
- Assists with content for website maintenance and social media posts.
- Responsible for bi-weekly bank deposits.
- Manages invoice payments including cheque preparation.
- Coordinates requests for funding from internal departments, ensuring all information is provided, authorized and ready for review. Once approved, ensures information is shared with Finance and appropriate departments.
- Performs duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS
- Passion for healthcare.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 and of an approved course in office management training.
- Extensive knowledge of office methods and procedures with experience in all aspects of administrative duties.
- Minimum of 3years’ recent, related experience in an administrative position.
- Knowledge of fundraising, charitable work an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in database management, word processing and other job-related computer programs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills for composition of letters, memos, minutes, etc.
- Commitment to excellent customer service, operating with integrity and maintaining confidentiality.
- Functions independently with initiative and good judgment while enjoying being part of a team.
- Proven sense of discretion, tact, diplomacy and courtesy in contact and communications with a variety of people within the hospital and the community.
- Able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines with accuracy.
- Accuracy, good organizational skills, able to prioritize workloads and capable of handling a high volume of work with frequent interruptions.
Currently, Foundation staff are working in the office located at the Comox Valley Hospital. During the COVID-19 pandemic, must be able to work remotely, if required. We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Deadline to apply is November 27th.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com.
Thank you – we look forward to your application!