“I love living at Glacier View Lodge. The staff are friendly and cheerful, and my health is much improved due to their expert care. Now that my husband is here too, life is perfect!”
– Cathy Browne, Resident
Glacier View Lodge is a complex care facility that provides progressive, long-term residential care, and various associated community services primarily for seniors of the Comox Valley. Glacier View Lodge offers:
- long-term care to over 100 people who live at the Lodge
- 24/hr per day professional nursing care
- programs that support people living in their own homes and their caregivers through:
- a short term stay program
- a 7 day per week adult day program, a super club caregiver support program
- a community bathing program for those who can no longer safely bathe at home.
- The Lodge is also known for its excellent dementia care and continues to strive to be a leader in healthcare delivery.
Inspired by the vision of the Women’s Institute of Northern Vancouver Island, Glacier View Lodge is the Comox Valley’s longest operating long term care home. Recently, Glacier View Lodge has been exploring options to develop the 42 acres of land adjoining the lodge focusing on seniors’ housing.
The Comox Valley Healthcare Foundation looks forward to supporting Glacier View Lodge initiatives in the coming years – we know this will add great value to seniors receiving care in our community.
Notes: For more information on the current services offered at Glacier View Lodge, as well as to learn more about the proposed development plan, visit: glacierviewlodge.ca