Thank you to everyone who made our Scrubs Hockey Challenge such a success! We raised over $23,000 this year. The Scrubs rose to the Hockey Challenge against The Rotary clubs to raise money to benefit the Children and Families of the Comox Valley.
This event is in memory of Alexis Irelyn Pendak. November 20th, 2008 – March 12, 2009
Alexis was born 9 weeks premature and weighed only 4 lbs. 2 oz. She was delivered by emergency cesarean after being flown from St. Joseph’s General Hospital. Glen Robinson (Employee at St. Joseph’s) and his family appreciated the overwhelming support from Y.A.N.A, and the St. Joseph’s staff, especially the engineering department. Many people at the Hospital and from our community provide care, comfort and support to families through these difficult times and the staff at St. Joseph’s are grateful.
The event generated wonderful support from the community as well as some corporate support including:
– WestJet has donated airline tickets anywhere they fly,
– The event featured a salmon BBQ by donation provided by Marine Harvest
– Many Waters band played during the event
– The Rotary clubs ran a beer garden for St. Paddy’s day
– Over 400 toys have been donated by Superstore and Totem Riders
Quality Foods, 97.3 The Eagle, Thermatech are major sponsors as well as many local businesses that are contributing to the growth and success of this community event.